Ads Here

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Interview questions and answers Tell me something about yourself

Tell me something about yourself 

             Today I'm going to give you a ten step process to help you answer this trick question which appears in every job interview. I'm going to give you one a simple ten step process to help you introduce yourself in any job interview in fact you can use this in any selection interview.  Second I'm going to give you some rules that go along with each step, and third I'm going to talk about some common mistakes and how you can correct them, I'm also going to give you some stock phrases that you can use in your introduction. if English is not your first language I'm going to give you a complete introduction that you can use with your own customization tell me about yourself this question comes in a number of different forms for example walk me through your background or take us through your resume but whatever it is this is a trick question because the interviewers asking us to tell them about ourselves and in fact they know everything about us by seeing that resume so exactly what are they asking us to tell them they're asking us for two things one they want to know our attitude towards work what kind of a person am i - they want to know whether I'm a good fit for the job and what I can contribute to the company so we need to catch their attention and keep them interested chances are they've had a full day looking at hundreds of applicants that look exactly like you here's your opportunity to prove to them that you are best suited for the job and now on to that 10 step process the first set of steps that you need to take are about who are you step

 1. Greetings :-now formal greetings are highly recommended like good morning before 12 known good afternoon after 12 known and good evening anytime after 4:30 or 5:00 in the evening all the way till midnight rules smile be confident and make good eye contact and common mistakes are like saying hey hi what's up and also fumbling between the good morning and the good optional.

 2. Thank you for the opportunity:-this is an optional step and depending upon the situation you could either say thank you for short listing me for the final interview or thank you for this opportunity to talk about myself now this will not only create a good first impression but it'll also help both you and the interviewer relax a bit.

 3.your name:- now I am Shizuka  I am chief novices or you can also say my name is or mine names the rule is to smile to be proud of your name and to enunciate it clearly and some common mistakes here are a think myself yet nervous is or calling yourself mister or miss now the question you have right now is should I use my full name and the answer is yes always please use your full name because simply using your first name may sound a little casual category two type of questions are about why you're qualified.

4.position and company:-  if you have work experience then this is the time to tell them about the position you hear the name of the company the number of years any awards that you want and what impact you've had on the company what difference you've made to them for example for the last five years I have been the sales manager at ABC leading a small else team and our team was awarded the best sales team of the year for two years in a row I have worked closely with clients and built some key relationships example I am an HR manager at xyz looking after the key functions of recruitment compensation Learning and Development. I have over 5 years of experience in the field and we have been able to increase our employee productivity by 8 percent during this period now the rules for this step one sound enthusiastic about your work to don't sound very pompous like I am a leader , I've done everything try to make it sound like you're a good team player rule number three tell them something over and above what they can already read in your resume and the fourth rule is if you make a claim try to give some proof to make it credible and believable the question you want to ask me right now is should I start with my most recent position and go backwards or should I start with my earliest work experience and come forward and the answer to that is always start with your most recent position and talk about it and go backwards only if it's highly relevant or very important otherwise your resume covers all of that.

5.Qualifications:- if you're a fresher you're not going to be able to answer step number four and you're going to jump right into step number five so let's see some examples I'm a recent MBA from - - - with prior work experience in the pharmaceutical sector or I have completed a bachelor's in mass media degree with a specialization in public relations and corporate communications or I am currently pursuing a five-year integrated law program at - school with a focus on cyber law if your college is prominent and well-known mention it otherwise let it pass common mistake , so if you are a fresher than just one line like I'm a software engineer from so-and-so school doesn't seem enough so this is your chance to add achievement-oriented mini stories for example I was part of the research project on how modern technologies changed the way of teaching in the future where we worked with an tech company to evaluate the efficacy of some tech based teaching interventions make sure you talk about a project in an area that's relevant to the employer and if the area is not directly relevant how about you talk about some skills that could be relevant for example you've recently done a project called the impact of gaming consoles on the youth and you're just about to appear for an interview with a food marketing company so how about you say this to them this project helped us understand the motivations of today's youths and how to attract their attention with our products and services you can also talk about any training program courses or other experiences that you might have had during your graduation question should I mention my CGPA when I'm just a fresher well normally I would avoid. It because it's already there on your resume but if you want to highlight your academic achievements how about saying something like I've consistently been in the top 1% or 5% of my class.

 6. Additional qualifications :- this may include any outside courses that you did skills that you gain or awards that you want for example I have completed a six-month computer animation course from  top I'm proficient in German and Spanish I have learnt dot net Java and Python on Courser a which have helped me in completing a project on so on and so forth step.

 7. Adjectives :- now use some adjectives to describe yourself to the interviewer for example you could be versatile easy going solution-oriented determined team player or just someone who enjoys working with others now if at this point you're worrying about English and you're saying  English is not my first language.

 8.Hobbies and passion :- this is optional but you want to include this if this helps you build a connect with the interviewer if you think they are significant or it helps you establish some skills that you want to demonstrate to them for example I am a trained singer and the daily reel has taught me self discipline and dedication or I am a keen runner and this not only helps me keep fit but also helps me network with other runners in the community.

 9.Closing :- this is the point where you tell the interviewer two things one why are you here why are you applying for this job and two why are you a right fit for this job you can also use your future plans and connect them to the company's goals for example although I love my current role I feel I'm now ready for a more challenging assignment and this position really excites me this is a very general statement and you can make it more specific and suited to the company or you can show off your research that you've done about the company and add a little bit of flattery to it as well at this point for example with my passion for sport and my skills of data analytics I wish to work for a leading innovative sports analytics company like yours and I do believe I can make a positive impact and you can end your introduction by saying that's all.

                Now some final tips tip number one write down your personal introduction and make sure you've included your top selling points for that position this will vary from company to company so make sure you change that and customize that every time you walk into an interview tip number two jot down and learn only key points don't memorize the entire introduction or you're going to sound like a robot let a little bit of spontaneous she come in and don't worry too much about the grammatical errors that you think you might make the third tip is very important limit your entire introduction to about a minute two minutes is  long I would think one minute tops rule number four maintain good eye contact and look confident while giving all these answers if they're more than one people sitting in the room and only one person has asked you the question don't answer the entire question looking at just that one person look at everyone around the room smile relax breathe and remain confident use a storytelling mode to tell about your accomplishments you can use hand gestures if you wish don't go over the top but you can use some hand gestures also sound excited happy about everything that you've done in the past and everything that you're going to do in the future and now let's put it all together and this is your sample introduction on tell me something about yourself good afternoon thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not enter any spam link in the comment box